|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Cookies|
|Contributed by: Erin Arndt||Added: May 01, 2008 at 11:46 AM|
How to make it:
- 1 & 1/4 cups rice flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces ghee
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup well-mashed or pureed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, sweet potato, and vanilla.
- Beat mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop batter by teaspoonful onto lightly buttered cookie sheets, leaving about 1 & 1/2 inches between them.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.