|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pancake and Waffle mix|
|Contributed by: R Davis||Added: Apr 30, 2008 at 11:08 PM|
This recipe makes enough mix to last 3 or more times depending on the number of pancakes or waffles you make each time.
How to make it:
- 5 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup rice bran
- 1 cup lecithin granules
- Note: A large flour sifter makes this easier. You can change the type of flour depending on your type and likes or dislikes.
- Measure and sift the first 6 ingredients. Then add the rice bran and lecithin and stir well.
- Store in container in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Use an egg or two with cooking oil and buttermilk for pancakes - one percent milk and oil for waffles - they are more crisp than with buttermilk.
- ORANGE PANCAKES
- For syrup: Grate about 1 Tablespoon orange rind into a small pan. Add 1 cup fresh orange juice, 1 Tablespoon corn [or compliant] starch and 1/4 cup sugar. Cook and stir constantly until thickened.
- For pancakes: Use above recipe, but add about 1 Tablespoon of orange rind, and substitute orange juice for most of the buttermilk - use a smaller amount of juice. Cook as usual. Butter and serve with orange syrup.