|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Stephanie's Muhammara Spread and Dip|
A delicious Middle Eastern dip or spread, high in omegas 3 and 6. Enjoy it as a veggie dip or on flat breads or crackers.
How to make it:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground, roasted (can substitute ground coriander seeds)
- 2 teaspoons concentrated pomegranate juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil (or less) to desired consistency
- 2-4 cloves garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Roast red peppers either on a skillet or in a 400F degree oven until skin is easily removed. Cool & remove core, seeds and skin.
- Place garlic in food processor and process until finely ground, scraping sides as necessary.
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in food processor with the garlic.
- Process until a smooth paste develops.
- With processor running add olive oil until the desired consistency is achieved.