|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Choc-O-Late Sugar Cookies|
Delicious O-friendly chocolate cookies-similar to 'Chocolate Snaps.' I like them better than store-bought cookies. The rye flour gives them a 'natural' and not-too-sweet taste!
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 squares of Baker's unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup medium rye flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- additional granulated sugar
- Microwave (or use a heavy saucepan on the stove) chocolate and butter in large bowl until butter melts (about 1 minute.)
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in baking soda, salt and then flour until well mixed.
- Chill dough about 30 minutes until it is easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in additional granulated sugar. (I used natural raw sugar)
- Place each dough ball on non-stick cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- Makes about 2-dozen cookies.
- The recipe can be doubled, although I haven't tried it.