|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: accidental chef||Added: Mar 26, 2008 at 03:06 AM|
Potent mix of spices and lentils eaten with ghee/oil is an accompaniment to Dosa (Indian Pancakes)and Idli (Steamed Rice cakes)
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2T Raw rice
- 1/4 cup dried chiles
- 1t coriander seeds
- 2T Sesame seeds
- 1/4t mustard seeds
- 1/4t turmeric
- Dash of asofoetida
- Heat oil and fry individually all of the above except turmeric & salt and keep aside.
- Once cooled, in your coffee mill, powder the chillies finely.
- Empty into a clean container.
- Powder (not too finely) almonds, rice, sesame seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds.
- Add turmeric, asofoetida and salt and give it one more spin so that everything thing is mixed well.
- Empty into the container with chile powder.
- Mix well and adjust salt.
- Keeps for several months in the fridge in a clean airtight container. Use only dry spoon.
- Usually for 1 dose one would eat 1t gun powder mixed with ghee or any compliant oil. But seasoned folks are known to consume a small mountain of gun powder for 1 dosa!