|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Rice-Flax Dosa (Indian Pancake)|
|Contributed by: accidental chef||Added: Mar 26, 2008 at 02:57 AM|
Dosa is Indian pancakes made with rice & black gram dal and fenugreek seeds, ground to a batter and left to ferment overnight.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds- soak for about an hour or so.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- sea salt to taste
- Grind one cup cooked rice with enough water to give it a pancake batter consistency.
- Add fenugreek seeds with the soaked water and grind further till smooth.
- Add ground flax seed to the batter and give it a spin in your blender.
- Add salt, mix well and make pancakes. You don't need to ferment the batter.
- Dot edges and the top with ghee.
- You can add chopped coriander leaves, grated carrots-anything you fancy really-and make pancakes.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jan 06, 2009 at 04:32 PM By: Rodney