|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Root Vegetable-Bean Stew|
|Contributed by: accidental chef||Added: Mar 26, 2008 at 02:33 AM|
Great comfort food!
How to make it:
- 1 cup Pre cooked Fava, black eyed pea, black bean & chick pea-(all of it)
- 1 cup string bean, turnip, parsnip-cubed small
- 1cup pumpkin, sweet potato-chunky dices
- 1 cup mustard greens, sliced finely
- 1 cup big Onion-chunky dices
- 1 teaspoon garlic-chopped finely
- 1/2 cup ginger-chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- sea salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- Add all of the above except the beans, with enough water and cook till vegetables are half cooked, then add the beans.
- Once everything is cooked and you have a stew consistency remove from fire. When lukewarm, add lemon juice, sesame seeds & coriander leaves. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- The mustard greens tend to give a slight bitter taste immediately after cooking...but fades away later. The veggies shouldn't end up mushy...