|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup|
|Contributed by: from Jennifer Wetherall blog||Added: Mar 19, 2008 at 09:34 AM|
Makes 6 servings
How to make it:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces enoki, maitake, shiitake, straw, portabella and/or oyster mushrooms, cleaned and sliced – whatever works for your type
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 6 cups nonfat vegetarian broth
- 1/3 cup wild rice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- Sea salt, optional
- In large pot over medium high heat, sauté onion in oil until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, carrot, and celery.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add stock, rice, thyme, and sherry or wine, if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is very tender, about 1 hour.