|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Italian Tomato Sauce and Pasta|
This is an Italian family recipe, but I added cayenne and substituted the spelt pasta.
How to make it:
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 6 ounce can of tuna packed in water
- 1 large can of crushed Italian tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons basil
- cayenne, to taste
- sea salt
- 8 to 16 ounce of spelt pasta, spaghetti or noodles (two people/8 ounce - four people/16oz)[or rice pasta]
- Saute onion, parsley, and red pepper in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Add can of crushed tomatoes and seasonings.
- In separate dish, chop tuna and add to tomato sauce. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta per directions.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
- Serves 2 to 4, depending on amount of pasta