|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cucumber salad (Turkish name: Cacik, pronounced Jajik)|
|Contributed by: from Janet Berketa blog||Added: Mar 14, 2008 at 02:35 PM|
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
How to make it:
- sea salt
- Cut a cucumber into very tiny pieces (some people in Turkey grate the cucumber but I donít) and place these into a suitable size bowl.
- Chop finely or crush one medium-sized clove of garlic and add to the chopped cucumber
- Add salt to taste (be careful not to overdo here)
- Cover with several spoonfuls of fresh plain yogurt. If itís very thick, I add a tiny amount of water to thin it slightly. Stir.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cucumber||1 ,2 ,3|| N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| N|| A|| A|
|Garlic||1 ,2|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Yogurt||2|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| A|| A|
|Sea Salt||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jan 06, 2009 at 03:36 PM By: Rodney