|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: from Chanur blog||Added: Mar 08, 2008 at 08:42 AM|
How to make it:
- 3 cups white unbleached spelt flour
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) aluminum free baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) kosher sea salt
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Korintje cassia cinnamon (any cinnamon you like will work fine) [omit if avoid for your type]
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5ml) nutmeg [omit if avoid for your type]
- ½ teaspoons (2.5ml) each: cloves and ginger
- 2/3 - ¾ cup clarified butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar [or other BTD compliant sweetener]
- 2 whole large chicken eggs, beaten
- 1¼ cups (300ml) fresh goat milk
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract
- Measure out your spelt flour and sift it or pass it through a strainer into a medium bowl to be sure there aren’t any lumps.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and spices to the flour. Mix them all together with a whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the clarified butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar and mix it up again.
- In another bowl combine the goat milk and vanilla.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter/sugar/eggs. Mix it up. Add about 1/2 of the milk/vanilla. Mix it up. Keep doing this until all of the ingredients for the cake are in one bowl and well combined.
- Divide the batter between two 9” cake pans whose bottoms have been lined with parchment or waxed paper.
- Pick up a filled cake pan and drop it about 3” from the top of your work table so that it hits hard enough to force any trapped air bubbles to the surface, but not so hard that it spills or slops the batter out of the pan. You do not have to do this part, but if you don’t, you may have a holey cake - tasty, but possibly holey.
- Bake the cakes at 350*F for about 45 minutes.
- When they are finished baking, the cakes will pull away from the sides of the pans and be springy when you touch them.
- Cool the cakes in the pans on a rack for about 10 minutes. Then, loosen the edges, and turn them out of their pans onto a rack. Peel the paper off, gently flip them right side up, and cool them completely.