|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Christmas Type Cake|
The original recipe came from a book called Wheat-free, Milk-free, Egg-free cooking.I have adjusted it a bit. The other possible changes I've suggested haven't been tested.For a Xmas cake, I'm going to try increasing the fruit a bit, but here is the basic recipe.
How to make it:
- 350ml pineapple juice
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil (Bs very light olive oil might work)
- 500g allowed dried fruit (I use 200g raisins, 100g apricots, 100g pineapple, 50g prunes, 50g dates)
- 1 large apple, peeled, quartered, cored and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 150g ground brown rice
- 50g soy flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 25g yellow split pea flour (this is an unknown, chestnut flour might do the same thing)
- 3 heaped tsp cinnamon (O's and B's use lemon essence)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pectin
- 75g sugar (or stevia, honey or maple syrup)
- rind of 1 lemon, grated
- Chop up your fruit.
- Soak it in some lemon juice and water for a while, then drain.
- Whisk together the pineapple juice and oil, and add the soaked fruit. (drained previously)
- Leave it to soak for a couple of hours if possible. Add grated apple and carrot and mix.
- Mix together all the dry Ingredients.
- Add them to the soaked fruit and mix well.
- Bake in a large ring tin at 200C (350F) for about an hour.
If you wanted to be really decadent, you could pour some sherry over the top while it's hot. If you want to replace the sugar with honey or maple syrup, you might need to reduce the pineapple juice a little. Merry Xmas! If I think of more Xmas ideas, I'll let you know.