|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Omega chocolate shake|
|Contributed by: from Jim Garland blog||Added: Mar 05, 2008 at 08:38 AM|
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons flax (linseed) seeds.
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- water, soy milk or rice milk
- sweetener - veg glycerin, honey, maple syrup, agave nectar etc.
- vanilla or almond extract
- Throw all of the above dry ingredients into a coffee grinder. Grind it to fine powder.
- Mix it with about 8 ounces water. More or less, depending how thick you like it. Soy milk can be used for an even creamier mix. Or try rice milk.
- Mix the heck out of it with a fork as it has a tendency to clump.
- Let it sit untill it's nice 'n soaked (10 minutes or so).
- Mix in a Tablespoon of vegetable glycerin or an acceptable sweetener. My favorite is Frontier alcohol free vanilla flavoring (vegetable glycerin-water-vanilla). You could also try raw honey, organic maple syrup, agave nectar, etc. Or if you don't have any vegetable glycerin (go get some!), and you are avoiding sugars (good idea!) just try using a couple of drops of vanilla or almond extract.
- Enjoy your shake! It's fantiddlyastic! Scrumptulescent even!