|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Rosey||Added: Mar 01, 2008 at 08:34 PM|
This is an easy soft gingerbread recipe which I got from the All Recipes website and tweaked to make compliant - and it worked. I've given the measurements in US and metric.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup or 100g butter or ghee
- 1/3 cup or 85g agave, or 1/2 cup or 110g sugar
- 3 1/4 cups 405g sifted amaranth flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice/cinnamon/cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup or 180ml molasses
- 1/4 cup or 60ml water
- Cream butter/ghee with agave/sugar in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, sift flour with sea salt, baking soda and spices.
- Blend flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with molasses and water, making sure each is completely incorporated before adding the next.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with large 6-8 inch gingerbread men cookie cutters. Lift onto lightly greased cookie sheet with broad spatula.
- Bake above oven center for about 12 minutes or until cookies spring back lightly in center. Do not overcook, they won't stay soft.
- Remove from sheets and cool on wire racks. Makes 10 men 6-8 inches tall.
- I didn't have cookie cutters so I used a water glass to cut out rounds, and I got around 70 gingerbread biscuits.