|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Cobbler|
A not-too-sweet dessert that could double as a side dish - great for Thanksgiving!
How to make it:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or maybe rice flour more spelt if 'O')
- 1-1/2 teaspoon corn-free baking powder
- 1/3 cup skim (or almond?) milk
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Spread potatoes in buttered or greased casserole dish - you may want to lightly sprinkle potatoes with cinnamon sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients well, then stir in milk, syrup, honey and vanilla.
- If batter is soupy, add a little more flour.
- Pour this over the potatoes.
- Then pour the melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake on 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the sides.
- I have substituted the potatoes with two cups frozen blueberries.
- There should be several fruits good this way.
- Makes 5-6 servings.
- Good served warm but not bad cold.