|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten Free Cinnamon Cranberry Flax Muffins|
|Contributed by: Cathy ||Added: Feb 21, 2008 at 01:50 PM|
Light and fluffy and great for holidays!
How to make it:
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup of rice/arrowroot flour mix or other compliant flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup of agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries [optional: currants]
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Liberally grease muffin tins, paper liners do not work well.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix the dry with the wet.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill each muffin cup about half way, and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- Bake between 15 and 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
To make Cinnamon Currant Flax Muffins, substitute 1 cup of dried currants that has been soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes. Makes about 12 muffins. Keeps up to a week in refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.