|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cream of Mushroom Soup|
|Contributed by: Paul Buckless blog 04/23/2004||Added: Feb 19, 2008 at 08:47 AM|
Never tried it, canít guarantee it, your life is in your hands.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 kg of mushrooms [compliant for your type]
- 5 cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 5 cups of chicken stock or kombu stock (kombu is a dried seaweed often used for making a stock base)
- 3 Tablespoons of your favourite dark rich miso
- 200 gm tofu and a squeeze of lemon juice (or silken tofu)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- When very hot toss in the garlic and bay leaves.
- Stir briefly and add all the mushrooms all chopped to about the same size.
- Stir over high heat for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are sweating.
- Add the teaspoon of salt, cover and simmer rapidly for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- The mushrooms should lose much liquid.
- Add the basil and stock and rapidly return to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, strain the soup and pound, puree or blend the solids with a little of the liquid and the miso.
- Mix back into the remaining liquid and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add the black pepper (if you must).
- Puree the tofu and lemon juice with a little water if needed (not if you use silken tofu).
- Swirl 1 tablespoon into each bowl and serve with a crusty bread.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken||1|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Feb 29, 2008 at 03:17 PM By: Don