|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cream of Mushroom Soup|
|Contributed by: Paul Buckless blog 04/23/2004||Added: Feb 19, 2008 at 08:47 AM|
Never tried it, canít guarantee it, your life is in your hands.
How to make it:
- 1 kg of mushrooms [compliant for your type]
- 5 cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 5 cups of chicken stock or kombu stock (kombu is a dried seaweed often used for making a stock base)
- 3 Tablespoons of your favourite dark rich miso
- 200 gm tofu and a squeeze of lemon juice (or silken tofu)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- When very hot toss in the garlic and bay leaves.
- Stir briefly and add all the mushrooms all chopped to about the same size.
- Stir over high heat for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are sweating.
- Add the teaspoon of salt, cover and simmer rapidly for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- The mushrooms should lose much liquid.
- Add the basil and stock and rapidly return to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, strain the soup and pound, puree or blend the solids with a little of the liquid and the miso.
- Mix back into the remaining liquid and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add the black pepper (if you must).
- Puree the tofu and lemon juice with a little water if needed (not if you use silken tofu).
- Swirl 1 tablespoon into each bowl and serve with a crusty bread.