|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Carob Fudge Cookies|
|Contributed by: Paul Buckless blog 03/28/2004||Added: Feb 18, 2008 at 04:30 AM|
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 cups rye flour [or other compliant flour]
- 1/4 cup spelt flour [or other compliant flour]
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweetener (1/4 rice syrup, 1/4 apple juice concentrate) or honey [or agave syrup].
- 1/2 cup soy milk [or other complaint milk]
- Preheat over to 350°F or 180°C.
- Mix flours, carob, baking powder, salt and nuts in a mixing bowl.
- Put oil, sweetener and soy milk in a small bowl or measuring cup and heat for 20 – 30 seconds in microwave oven.
- Add liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and stir well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until desired texture.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Wheat (White Flour Products)||3 ,4 ,5|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|
|Wheat (Gluten Flour Products)||-|| N|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|
|Wheat (Refined Unbleached)||3 ,4 ,5|| N|| A|| A|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|
|Spelt Flour/Products||3 ,4 ,5|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Kamut||3 ,4 ,5|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Rye Flour (whole rye)||3 ,4 ,5|| B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Wheat (Whole Wheat Products)||3 ,4 ,5|| N|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Feb 29, 2008 at 02:56 PM By: Don
- Revised Jan 04, 2009 at 01:04 PM By: Lola