|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Mike Staffieri blog 04/11/2004||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 10:24 AM|
How to make it:
- Serves two:
- 2 nice cuts… 1 ˝ to 2 inch thick cut of leg of lamb (preferably cut fresh and not pre packaged)
- Fresh rosemary (not dried)
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- Fresh ground pepper (peppercorn) [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 medium Spanish onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Take your cuts of lamb and the first thing you want to do is seer in the juices…take a frying pan, make it nice and hot and place the cuts on it and seal in the juices and blood…30 seconds both sides (this is very important because it leaves the meat nice and tender when it’s all done)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and place the lamb in a Pyrex glass cooker (3L)…
- cut up the Spanish onion into ˝ inch rings and the sweet potato into 1-inch slices…place in the Pyrex container around the meat.
- Cut up your fresh rosemary…enough to fill the palm of your hand…
- chop the garlic up into fine pieces…
- sprinkle the garlic and rosemary on the lamb, onions and sweet potato…
- add some fresh ground pepper.
- To top it off, drizzle some (don’t go crazy) olive oil over everything in the pan.
- Cover Pyrex container with aluminum foil with the dull side up, shiny side down.
- Place it in the oven for 1 to 1 and1/2 hours (cooking time depends on the oven so make sure you check it after an hour to see if it’s done).