|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|sardine salad with grapes|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 08/03/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 09:27 AM|
As I think about it, were all 5 flavors represented? Sweet - the red grapes, Sour - the lemon, Pungent - the onion, Salty - the sea salt and the sardines, Bitter - the sesame seed (tahini). Someone once told me that if all 5 flavors were represented within a meal, then all major organs within the body have been nourished. (A Chinese philosophy, I suppose?) Obviously, I am no expert. But I can say one thing - That was one healthy lunch!
How to make it:
- one can of sardines in olive oil or water
- two ribs of celery
- handful of parsley
- lemon juice
- red onion
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- tahini (1 - 2 Tablespoons)
- sea salt
- red grapes
- Dice the celery, parsley and 1/4 red onion.
- Drain and mash the sardines.
- Add it all together along with salt, tahini and lemon juice. Mash very well and adjust flavors to taste. (I added a little extra salt and lemon juice.) The tahini has a slight bitter aftertaste - so mix well or use a little less.
- With some simple red grapes on the side, this was very satisfying.