|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 07/17/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 08:56 AM|
How to make it:
- sea salt
- chopped celery
- diced collard green
- one big bunch of diced parsley
- 2 or 3 strips of turkey bacon
- olive oil
- rice noodles
- black pepper (a little)[or BTD compliant substitute]
- Saute all of your veggies in the olive oil. Add salt. Stir well and stir often.
- 5 - 10 minutes later, add 1 cup of water and one package of Thai rice noodles (any rice noodle will do). These Thai noodles cook up in about 6 minutes (thank you Asian market!).
- Throw in one big tablespoon of ghee (anytime during the cooking process - it's that slight butter flavor I was after.)
- When noodles are ready, season with more salt, pepper and corainder seed.
- Sliced gala apples on the side complemented the dish.
- I thought this dish was just a little on the plain side, but my two year old went spastic for these noodles! It warmed my heart knowing that he was inhaling collard greens and parsley! For the adults, I would recommend seasoning your individual bowls with your favorite spice.
- If my five year old had been with us for lunch, I would have pan fried three strips of turkey bacon to a crisp texture using butter or olive oil, and I would have added a few pieces of raw celery to his plate. I might have even added a piece of string cheese (mozzarella)