|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten free waffles|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 06/05/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 06:10 AM|
How to make it:
- 2 cups rice flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- brown sugar - as much or as little as you like [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 - 2 cups nut milk
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- Mix the dry.
- Beat the egg and add the wet.
- Better the waffle batter be too thick than thin. You'll figure it out after the first batch.
- Reheat in toaster if possible.
- Buckwheat, amaranth, millet waffles: Use the exact same recipe but use more buckwheat flour. Add cinnamon and allspice.
- If you choose to substitute water for the nut milk, watch out - if it gets too thin your waffles will not pop out of the 'non stick ' waffle maker. They will tear apart instead (the voice of experience......)