|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Buckwheat Carob Cherry Muffins|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 05/11/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 04:37 AM|
They look like chocolate muffins and are very fluffy!
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 2 cups of dried cherries
- 1 cup of carob flavored rice milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons of gluten free baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- a dash of cinnamon
- a dash of allspice
- a dash of sea salt
- brown sugar - as much or as little as you prefer. [or BTD compliant substitute]
- Preheat oven to 350 or 400 degrees. At 350, plan on 25 minutes, about 15 or 20 at 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients including dried cherries.
- Beat eggs and combine wet ingredients in a different bowl.
- Add wet to dry and fold batter until all the flour has been moistened.
- Bake using lined muffin tins.