|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pinto Bean Delight|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 04/14/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 03:34 AM|
How to make it:
- olive oil
- white onion - diced
- minced garlic (I love garlic - one heaping tablespoon)
- cooked pinto beans (1/2 to 1 cup)
- sea salt
- brown rice (1 cup)
- finely chopped parsley (a lot)
- alfalfa sprouts
- dry mustard powder (optional)
- Saute onions and garlic. Add cooked beans. Add salt.
- After about five minutes, pour two cups of water into pan and add one cup of brown rice. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove cover and add the chopped parsley and alfalfa sprouts.
- Simmer five minutes, taste. I was surprised that it tasted good enough at this point. In my humble opinion, no other seasonings were required.
- After the fact, I added a little bit of mustard powder and decided that was great for me, but too strong for my little one.