|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 04/10/2005||Added: Feb 14, 2008 at 06:26 PM|
How to make it:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Brown sugar [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 2 eggs
- 2-4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 – ½ cups of vanilla rice milk or goat milk
- ½ cup of canned pumpkin
- I experimented with this recipe in several different ways this morning. In the end, I cracked the eggs first and then beat them.
- Next, add all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients, one at a time and mix well.
- When the batter was more thick than thin, I tasted my pudding like concoction. At this point, I would add more sugar or cinnamon or vanilla, etc. Whatever your taste buds tell you, go with the flow.
- Finally I sprinkled the currants on top and did not mix in.
- With a preheated and canola oil coated waffle iron, I poured about 1 cup of the mix onto each waffle grid.
- Cook until well browned (4 to 5 minutes) and carefully lift out. They are easier to lift if they are WELL browned.
- Lastly, wrap the cooled waffles with wax paper and place into freezer bags (thank you Jill!).