|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spinach and Sardine Frittata|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 04/07/2005||Added: Feb 14, 2008 at 06:10 PM|
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
How to make it:
- olive oil
- diced onion
- minced garlic
- coarse sea salt
- mashed up sardines
- freshly washed spinach, torn into smaller pieces
- 5 eggs
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. (On my gas stove, that is a level three or medium heat.)
- Add sardines and stir.
- Add wet spinach leaves and saute until wilted.
- Add salt. Stir.
- Beat your eggs with a little bit of water (if we could eat cheese, I would have added it here) and pour into pan.
- Shake pan to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Allow eggs to set (about 2 minutes) and place pan into a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until eggs have puffed up nicely.
- Pull eggs out of the oven and allow to cool on stove top.
- Cut into pizza like wedges and top with a little fine salt.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Feb 16, 2008 at 01:09 PM By: Rodney