|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jelly Bean Cookies|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 03/26/2005||Added: Feb 14, 2008 at 05:15 PM|
When the cookies are done, they resemble speckled eggs. They taste like black jelly beans - or licorice if you will.
How to make it:
- 1 big heaping Tablespoon of ghee
- 3/4 cup brown sugar [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 Tablespoon rice milk or any kind of compliant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (the real stuff!)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt - fine crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1-1/2 cup millet flour or 3/4 cup oat flour with 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup applesauce (if you aren't allergic, then add one egg and omit applesauce)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (frozen will also work)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of anise flavoring
- Use a food processor or blender and blend everything together (yes, the blueberries too)
- Drop by small teaspoon onto non stick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 14 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before attempting to remove.