|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is an excellent recipe for scones.
How to make it:
- 2 cups white spelt flour [or kamut flour]
- 3 Tablespoons sugar [or 2 Tablespoons agave]
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 6 Tablespoons butter [or ghee], chilled
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, cherries, or raisins)
- 2 Tablespoons brandy, optional
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup soy milk [or BTD compliant milk]
- Combine dried fruit and brandy, soak and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix in butter or ghee and cut together well.
- Combine the milk and beaten egg, and then add to the flour mixture along with the fruit and brandy.
- Mix together just until all dry ingredients are moist.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead ten times.
- Separate into two or three balls, depending on how large you want your scones to be, and then cut each ball into four pieces.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12 to 14 minutes.