|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pumpkin Rye Muffins|
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 01/09/2005||Added: Feb 12, 2008 at 09:25 AM|
How to make it:
- 1-½ cups natural unsweetened applesauce
- ½ - 1 cup of sugar (honey could be substituted)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 cups of raisins
- ¾ cup of buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup of dark pumpernickel rye flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 4-½ teaspoons Rumford baking powder (it has corn)[baking powder recipes]
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill 24 muffin tins with liners.
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- To increase sweetness, puree in a blender so that raisin bits are spread throughout. (Optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gradually add wet to dry.
- Pour batter into muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes.