|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Christmasy Fruit Compote|
|Contributed by: Eva||Added: Feb 07, 2008 at 05:03 AM|
A lighter Christmas pudding, which is also said to do good for your possibly tired Christmas digestion.
How to make it:
- 125 grams dried apricots
- 125 grams dried figs
- 300 milliliters white wine
- juice of half a lemon
- 5 cloves (whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 Tablespoons sugar [or agave syrup]
- 2 pears
- Place halved figs and apricots in a shallow pan.
- Add the wine, lemon juice, spices and sugar.
- Cook slowly for five minutes, or until the fruit is nearly cooked.
- Peel the pears and cut into sectors.
- Put them into the pan and cook for another five minutes.
- Pour the compote into the serving bowls and let cool.