|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
| Cathy's Gluten Free Sugar Cookies|
|Contributed by: Cathy||Added: Feb 01, 2008 at 04:44 PM|
Gluten Free, honey sweetened
How to make it:
- First I make a batch of brown rice flour/arrowroot flour mixture of 2 cups of brown rice flour and 1 cup of arrowroot flour.
Now for the Sugar Cookies.
- 1/2 cup ghee softened
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk (I made my own)
- 1 1/4 cups of brown rice flour mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (for those of us who are to avoid cream of tartar, you can use 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of baking soda.)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cream the ghee for 30 seconds, then gradually add salt and honey, beating until light.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and almond milk and beat thoroughly.
- Mix the brown rice flour mix and baking powder together, add to the first mixture, and blend well.
- If using the lemon juice substitute, put that in the batter before you put the brown rice mixture in. Arrange by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets, 1 inch apart. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 24 cookies.