|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gillian's Savoury Cookies|
|Contributed by: Gillian Roberts||Added: Jan 30, 2008 at 02:19 AM|
Cheese and pecan cookies - no sweeteners
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spelt flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Cream ghee, salt and almonds.
- Beat egg in.
- Stir mustard and baking soda into flour.
- Mix flour into egg/ghee mixture.
- Mix crumbled or grated cheese in.
- Mix in pecans.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Flatten with fingers a little.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Makes 20 cookies.
I mix by hand, it is quick. I used 1/2 feta and 1/2 mozzarella cheese. Adding 1/2 cup of turkey bacon would be good, as well as spices such as chives, paprika, oregano.