|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spinach Pesto Pasta|
This is my version of a Dr. Weil's recipe. The original can be found on his site. I changed the Parmesan to feta, and added it to the sauce, instead of sprinkling on later. Therefore, the feta can be left out, for O's. The entire recipe is probably best suited to A's, but the sauce is yummy on baked veges as well.
How to make it:
Spinach Pesto Sauce
- 1 bag (approx. 350g) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (packed) or sprinkling dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 ounces sliced feta or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 packet rice or soy pasta (or other allowed pasta)
- chopped soy sausage
- assorted salad vegetables
- Cook pasta as directed.
- While pasta is cooking prepare sauce.
- Wash and stem fresh spinach.
- Place in a large stainless-steel pot with no extra water & cook covered over medium-high heat until spinach starts to steam.
- Remove lid and toss spinach until leaves are wilted & bright green.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain off excess water then place spinach in food processor with other ingredients and Puree thoroughly.
- Drain pasta.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with spinach pesto sauce.
- Add soy sausage & vegetables.
- Serve warm or cold.