|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tomatoless Vegetable Soup With Turkey|
|Contributed by: Ramona Harvley||Added: Jan 19, 2008 at 00:38 AM|
A very tasty and hardy soup; perfect for a cold, rainy evening to warm up with.
How to make it:
- 1 quart chicken broth [or vegetable broth]
- 3 cups carrot juice
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cans green beans
- 2 cans black beans [omit for BT]
- 2 cans sweet (green) peas
- 2 Ĺ pounds ground turkey
- sea salt
- Open all cans and pour contents into a colander to drain, reserving the liquid; then, transfer to a large pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth and the carrot juice.
- Start heating this on medium heat.
- Place the carrots, onions, and celery in a boiler. Pour in enough of the reserved broth from the canned vegetables to cook; (discard the remaining broth) bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes. Put these into the soup pot.
- While the veggies are cooking, brown the ground turkey in a skillet.
- When you donít see any pink in the ground turkey, pour it into the soup pot. Cover and cook on low until done.
- Add sea salt, garlic, and basil to taste.
- Serve with rye cornbread.
- Yield: About seven to eight quarts
- Note: You can make it in a crock pot.