|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Black Bean Soup|
|Contributed by: Valerie Vanderford||Added: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:56 AM|
Delicious, filling and FAST soup for cool winter days!
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 (15 ounces) cans black beans or 4 cups prepared black beans
- 1 (8.75 ounces) can whole kernal corn, or 1 1/2 c. frozen corn (can be omitted for type O, but changes the flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softended.
- Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree the remaining beans. Add to pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- For some extra fun, this soup is delicious topped with salsa, sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.
- Watch those toppings, many are avoids for type A.