|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spiced Mango and Rhubarb|
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68 Adapted from a recipe by Gregg R Gillespie and Mary B Johnson.||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 01:25 PM|
How to make it:
- 1 pound thin rhubarb stalks, cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ inch piece of ginger root, grated
- 2 or 3 whole star anise
- 4 ounces water
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice
- agave syrup to taste (depends on how tart the rhubarb is!)
- 1 large or 2 small mangoes, peeled and diced
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Add the rhubarb, ginger and star anise to an oven proof dish.
- Add the water, agave syrup and lime juice.
- Cover and bake in the oven at 325 Fahrenheit for an hour and a half.
- The rhubarb should be soft.
- Cool slightly then add to serving dishes and mix in the diced mango.
- Leave to cool and refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with the star anise and mint leaves, you could serve it with some ricotta cheese.