|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 12:57 AM|
Refreshing, clean and delicious. Suitable for GT Gatherers too.
How to make it:
- 1 liter tomato juice
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped basil (Holy Basil for GT Gatherers)
- 2 teaspoons of Umeboshi Plum seasoning or paste (add more if you like it)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped red chili (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- sea salt
basil leaves to garnish
- Mix the juices, basil, umeboshi and chilli together, season to taste, pour into a rigid, freezer proof container, cover and freeze for a couple of hours until mushy.
- Tip into a bowl and mash/whisk well.
- Freeze for another hour, remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture again.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. Fold the egg whites into the tomato mixture.
- Freeze until firm, having covered and sealed the container.
- Sorbets are best transferred to the fridge about 30 minutes before serving to soften. Spoon into chilled dishes and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- You could add garlic, or swap the Umeboshi for two tablespoons of white wine and a dash of tabasco.