|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pea and Coriander (Cilantro) Soup|
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 12:24 AM|
Very fresh tastes, the sweetness of the peas is a perfect foil to the Cilantro (Coriander Leaf) Those who can eat a small amount of dairy could add soft cheese or even cream to enrich the soup. Suited to GT Gatherers.
How to make it:
- 1 ounce ghee or compliant oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped (adjust to your liking)
- 8 cups of compliant stock for your BT or GT
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (coriander Leaf)
- sea salt
creamy cheese 1 ounce (paneer, farmer, cottage, ricotta – for Gatherer GT)
- Melt the ghee or oil in a pan and gently fry the onions, garlic and chili for five minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the peas, stock and sea salt.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro (coriander leaf).
- Cool the soup then puree in a blender, season again to taste.
- Add the cheese, which should be beaten, mashed, or blended until creamy; if necessary add a little water to thin it.
- Top with cilantro leaf and serve.
- This can be chilled and served cold as a summer starter.