|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Courgette (Zucchini) Soup|
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 05:13 AM|
Delicious, benefits from the addition of 2 tablespoons of dry sherry but itís not necessary ;-). Suitable for Gatherers too!
How to make it:
- 1 ounce ghee or compliant Oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 750g/1 1/2lbs courgettes/zucchini, finely chopped (I grate them with the magimix, peel them if they are large as the skin can taste bitter)
- 1 Ĺ pints of compliant stock for your BT or GT
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley wrapped in cheesecloth)
- sea salt
1 ounce creamy cheese (cottage, farmer, paneer, ricotta) beaten and mixed with a little water to make the consistency of single cream.
- Melt the Ghee or oil in a pan and gently fry the onions for five minutes
- Add the courgettes/zucchini and cook gently for another ten minutes.
- Add the stock, seasonings and bouquet garni.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until the vegetables are very tender (30 minutes).
- Remove the bouquet garni, cool the soup and then either sieve or blend until smooth. Reheat gently.
- Stir the beaten cheese into the soup (if using) and serve. Garnish with a little chopped parsley or thyme.