|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 04:23 AM|
A hearty, warming soup, suitable for Gatherers too!
How to make it:
- 1 ounce Ghee or compliant Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 bulbs Fennel, finely chopped (save the greens to garnish the soup)
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley wrapped in cheesecloth)
- 1 1/2 pints of compliant stock
- sea salt and Pepper (optional)
- 3 egg yolks or 2 whole eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Melt the Ghee or oil in a pan and fry the onions for five minutes without browning.
- Add the fennel and fry for another two minutes
- Add the stock, seasonings and bouquet garni.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until the vegetables are very tender (30 minute).
- Remove the bouquet garni, cool the soup and then either sieve or blend until smooth.
- Reheat gently.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and lemon juice, then whilst whisking add a few tablespoons of soup.
- The whisking stops the eggs from scrambling!
- Stir the egg mix back into the soup and serve, garnished with the chopped fennel greens.