|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Almond-Oatmeal Pie Crust|
|Contributed by: gulfcoastguy||Added: Jan 03, 2008 at 08:21 PM|
Here is a pie crust I've been using for a couple of years. You need a food processor to make it. Just use the chopping blade.
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 cups oatmeal ground into a coarse flour
- 3/4 cups almonds finely chopped in processor
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water, approximately
- Mix the ingredients and roll out between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Peel off the top sheet of paper.
- Place a 9 inch pie pan upside down on top of it then flip both over.
- Remove the other sheet of paper and trim to shape.
- Bake unfilled for 10 minutes in a 350F oven.
- Remove and fill with your pie filling and bake as needed.