|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Baked Kasha Pudding|
Great comfort food for breakfast or dessert. Recipe can be doubled if you desire leftovers.
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1 cup Uncooked Kasha
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded Fuji or delicious apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, combine soy milk with 1 1/2 C. water. Cook over medium high heat until liquid is ALMOST boiling.
- Stir in kasha.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and shredded apple.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts.
- Bake until pudding is almost set, about 30 minutes Meanwhile, mix together sour cream and brown sugar. Spread mixture over top of hot pudding and return to bake in oven another 10 min. Serve warm.