|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|French Lentil & Onion Soup|
|Contributed by: Laurelai19||Added: Dec 13, 2007 at 08:14 PM|
A delicious filling soup with the goodness of lentils.
How to make it:
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed & drained
- 5 cup vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- Pour broth into large stockpot & add lentils, onion, celery, carrot and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil, lower heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes until lentils are tender.
- In last 5 minutes of cooking time, raise heat to medium and add red wine.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle with small amount of mozzarella cheese.