|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Super Surfer's Smoothie|
We live in a fast, paced demanding world. We need nourishment that is of the highest quality. I truly enjoy smoothies. They are high energy foods that are so easy to digest and prepare. I have them from one to three times a day, especially when my schedule is particularly demanding. A 16 oz. serving will keep me energized for two to four hours. I might have smoothies all day long and then have a more substantial meal late in the afternoon.Smoothies are quick to prepare and require very little chewing. As a result, it takes practically no time to eat. It the Ingedients are raw, then they are virtually predigested and are high in enzymes.Some smoothies are complete meals in the sense that you are getting protein & complex carbohydrates in addition to all desired greens, as well as a dessert taste because it is sweet.
How to make it:
- 1 cup of organic fruit juice (appropriate for your bloodtype-Pear Juice is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup of soaked almonds (soaked for at least 4 hours or even overnight; can quickly (20 seconds) blanch to remove skins if desired)
- 1 or more of the following ripe (organic-bloodtype) fruit choices: mango, papaya, peach, nectarine or 1/2 cup of your favorite berries.
- 3 heaping Tablespoons of soaked organic flax seeds (require same soak time as almond but lots more water per amount of flax seed)
- Optional-Can add any favorite supplement/herb formula/additional enzymes etc.
- Blend the almonds and juice, then blend the rest.
- Serves and satisfies 1 completely.