|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Port Lamb Skewers with Sweet Potato Rosti|
|Contributed by: honeybee||Added: Nov 28, 2007 at 00:29 AM|
Marinated Port & Ginger Lamb skewers for a BBQ with little sweet potato cakes as a side.
How to make it:
- wooden skewers - soak in water while prepping food
- 800 grams boned tender lamb cubed
- 200 ml port
- 2 or 3 Tablespoons grated ginger
- 4-6 garlic cloves crushed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato grated
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium egg gently beaten
- sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- Marinate lamb cubes in port, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and oil.
- Keep 1-4 hours refrigerated.
- Thread onto wooden skewers.
- Grill or BBQ 2 minutes on each side.
- Combine all ingredients, except ghee.
- Heat pan with 1 Tablespoon ghee.
- Drop in spoon-fulls of mixture.
- Cook gently on medium heat.
- Flip and continue cooking further 3-5 minutes until golden.