|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Lemon Shortbread Bars|
Decadent tart lemon topping makes these shortbread bars a definite hit!
How to make it:
- 1 1/3 cup spelt flour [or rice]
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- 1/2 cup butter (softened) Or ghee (doesn't work quite as well)
- 2/3 cup agave
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch (or other BTD thickener - tapioca starch work well)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream Agave and butter together, add flour and pour into a 9x9 baking pan.
- Spread mixture evenly with a spoon and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- While shortbread is baking, combine Agave, starch and water in a sauce pan on med/low heat until bubbly.
- Add egg yolks (beaten) and lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add butter stirring until mixed.
- Pour lemon topping over baked shortbread, cover and cool in the refrigerator for 20-30 min.
- Keep unused portion refrigerated.