|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Poultry Fried Rice|
|Contributed by: Valerie Vanderford||Added: Nov 25, 2007 at 08:56 PM|
Get creative and add whatever vegetables you have around. Frozen peas can be easily substituted for pea pods. The secret to use is cold white rice.
How to make it:
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts (or other pieces), chopped [or turkey]
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 1/2 cups cooked white rice, cold
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce [or tamari]
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft.
- Add chicken and 2 Tablespoons soy sauce and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in celery, peas, carrots, garlic, and ginger and stir fry another 5 minutes.
- Then add rice and stir thoroughly.
- Scramble eggs in a separate pan, then add eggs and 3 Tablespoons soy sauce to stir fry mixture.
- Heat through and top with almonds.