|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Hearty Wild Rice Hash|
|Contributed by: Valerie Vanderford||Added: Nov 25, 2007 at 08:41 PM|
This is a hearty, delicious main course that the whole family will enjoy.
How to make it:
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ pound maitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 ¾ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch (only if secretor)[or arrowroot]
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce [or tamari]
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 12 ounces ground turkey or chicken
- Place the rice blend in a saucepan with 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining water in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, mushrooms, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Mix the vegetable broth, cornstarch, soy sauce and seasonings in a separate bowl. Add to vegetable mixture while stirring. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add ground meat and cooked rice mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.