|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Nicoise Salad for Type O|
Here's an adjusted Nicoise salad for Type O, sans the potatoes, olives and capers. It does have allowable Feta cheese which serves as a nice sharp taste that is a replacement for the nicoise olives
How to make it:
- Assorted greens (lettuce, dandelion, parsley, romaine)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 can tuna (or 1/2 can)
- sliced tomato
- small amount of blanched green beens or haricot vert
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- anchovies (only if you like them)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- firm tofu (optional replacement for potato)
- (dressing, and this is a typical Nicoise dressing)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- sea salt to taste
- You can toss all the salad Ingredients if you like, or lay them out neatly on the plate.
- Take the olive oil and whisk it with the lemon juice, crushed (through a garlic press) garlic and salt to taste.
- Taste the dressing, you may like more lemon, or less etc.
- You can also add shallots to the dressing, if you desire.
- Either drizzle the dressing over the salad if you lay it out, or toss with the rest of the Ingredients if you decide to have it that way.
- Crumble the feta over the top and sprinkle the extra parsley.
- If you really miss the potato, you can add chunks of firm tofu to the salad.
- This is a great Type O recipe.
- Bon appetit.
- P.S. You won't miss the olives or the potato.